Call for Presentations Rules and RegulationsInvited speakers must complete NPA's Speaker Agreement by January 31, 2019. Please note that all panelists/speakers must complete their individual Speaker Agreement. The Speaker Agreement is located in the Speaker Service Center or you can download a sample copy here.
NPA's Speaker Agreement includes these policies:
- I agree to comply with all program-related deadlines provided to me by the National Parking Association (NPA), including but not limited to deadlines for handouts, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- During my presentation, I will not engage in any type of promotional marketing or selling of any product or service, and I will not disparage NPA in any way.
- I agree to notify NPA immediately in the event that an emergency should prevent me from meeting my obligation as a content leader.
- I grant NPA a royalty-free license to use, reproduce and distribute my presentation (including all handouts and PowerPoint presentations) in any way in the future, with appropriate attribution to me. I understand that this license does not change the fact that I retain copyright ownership of my presentation and does not prohibit me from using my presentation in any way or from allowing others to use it.
- I agree to use the PowerPoint and handout templates and logos provided to me by NPA for any PowerPoint presentation and/or handouts I may utilize in connection with the program, and I agree not to use these templates and logos in any way except in connection with this or other The National Parking Association programs.
- To the best of my knowledge, my presentation does not violate any proprietary or personal rights of others (including any copyright, trademark and privacy rights), is factually accurate, and contains nothing defamatory or otherwise unlawful. I have the full authority to enter into this agreement and have obtained all necessary permissions or licenses from any individuals or organizations whose material is included or used in my presentation.
- I authorize NPA to use my name, likeness, photograph and biographical data in connection with the use and promotion of the program.
- I provide consent for NPA to record my presentation in audio and/or visual form. I understand that NPA will be the sole copyright owner of the recording and can distribute and sell it, along with any supporting materials. Upon request, NPA will provide me with one complimentary copy of the recording, however, I agree not to sell, distribute, stream over the Web, or otherwise use the recording in any way other than for my personal, archival use, except with the prior written consent of NPA.
- I will be responsible for all travel arrangements and expenses that I incur. I understand that I will not receive any royalties, honoraria, reimbursement of expenses, or other compensation from NPA in connection with the program or the rights granted above.