CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
Submission Deadline: Friday, January 18, 2019
The 2019 NPA Convention & Expo is the one event of the year that will bring together the foremost experts and resources in the parking industry. It is an opportunity for parking professionals in all sectors of the industry to come together for career development, business best practices, collaboration and networking.
NPA is seeking presentations that celebrate successes, challenge our thinking, and push the parking industry forward. Please submit proposals that:
- Exhibit thought leadership
- Inspire innovation
- Engage the audience
- Target mid-career and/or C-suite executives
- Explore issues directly or indirectly related to parking
- Provide substantial take-a-ways for the audience
Click HERE to begin your application »
Here are some helpful tips to make the application submission process easier:
Prepare First, Submit Second
Before beginning the online submission process, take the time for thoughtful preparation. Think about who you are targeting, what you want to instill in them and how you will engage them. Here are a few tips:
- Titles should be concise (10 words or less) and intriguing while encapsulating what will be covered in the session.
- Your description (150 words or less) should focus on how the material you are presenting will impact the audience member and his/her business.
- Learning objectives should be clear, specific, and measurable. They should reflect the skills with which the audience will leave your session.
Know Your Audience
NPA members and attendees come from all sectors of the parking industry: commercial operators, valet operators, municipalities, hospitals, airports and universities. Attendees come from all sizes of organizations and have a variety of responsibilities. More than 50% of NPA’s members are in the C-suite.
Topics to Consider
Based on feedback from NPA members, attendees, surveys and committees, the following topics are considered “hot.” Consider these interest areas when developing your proposal:
- Customer Service and Service Recovery systems
- Human Resources and Employee Engagement processes
- Parking Facility Design and Urban Development Issues
- New Technologies and Innovations
- Mobility and Transportation Trends
- Safety, Risk Management, and Emergency Preparedness
- Parking Operations, Maintenance and Sustainability Programs
- Marketing, Social Media, Apps, and Community Relations
- Ancillary Business Models (Shuttles, Bikes, etc)
- Valet Parking Operations
- Parking Profiles (municipal, healthcare, university, etc.)
All speakers must accept the NPA speaker agreement.
All speakers must register for the Convention.
All speakers are responsible for their own travel arrangements and expenses.
All speakers are required to meet deadlines.
NPA Call for Presentations Submission Process
Proposals are due Friday January 18, 2019. You will receive an automatic confirmation of your submission. Keep this confirmation in your files. All submissions will be reviewed and evaluated by NPA staff and/or volunteers. Presentation proposals may be combined to form a panel session.
- Originality: NPA strives to offer original content at its meeting to broaden the opportunities for parking professionals and grow the industry
- Relevance: NPA is looking for education that fills knowledge and skill gaps, and is of considerable interest to the attendee.
- Program Design: NPA requires that sessions have clear learning objectives that are both measurable and achievable.
- Ability to Inspire Action: NPA is looking for speakers capable of inspiring attendees to incorporate what they learned at Convention into their jobs.
- Overall Quality: NPA is committed to providing quality, inspired education for the betterment of the parking professional and the industry.
NPA will build its Convention education program from the highest rated proposals received through the call for proposals process. NPA staff will identify gaps in the program and complete the process through additional content development strategies create a strong education program that aims to strengthen the skills and knowledge of parking professionals. NPA will limit the number of times an individual or company is represented on its program to ensure a diverse experience for the attendee. All sessions must be educational in nature, unbiased and avoiding direct or indirect promotion of any particular product or service.
Acceptance notifications will be sent starting February 28, 2019. Upon acceptance, NPA may modify the session title and description to fit its brand and format guidelines. NPA will also determine session format (sole presentation, co-presentation, panel or roundtable.) You will have the opportunity to approve / edit if needed.
More InformationPlease contact Eamonconnor@WeAreParking.org with questions.
Click HERE to begin your application