Peak Performance track sessions focus on strategy and big picture thinking.
Technology is changing at an ever increasing pace. But, people change at a different rate. Will autonomous vehicles take the parking market by storm? Or, will autonomous parking adoption be slowed by 1) urban infrastructure; 2) a 10 year+ turnover cycle in car purchasing and 3) the rising cost of high tech vehicles? Will autonomous cars be fleet vehicles or personal vehicles—the answers impact parking demand. Find out how population impacts the number of car owners and the stability of parking demand over time.
- Learn about the reports on autonomous vehicle development and the pace of change.
- Find out how demographic, population, car ownership and driving preference data signal stable parking demand.
- Get a researcher’s insights into the trends shaping autonomous vehicles and a perspective on timing related to the parking industry.
Director of Research
Wednesday, October 4, 9:30 a.m.–10:30 a.m.
In this session, employment attorney and litigator, Mike Stevens of Arent Fox, Washington, D.C. shares the latest in employment law and his expert advice on two major compliance areas for the parking industry: the Fair Labor Standards Act (FSLA) and paid employee leave. Find out how to comply with the law, minimize exposure to fines and legal claims and set policy at your organization. Gain a strong understanding of what FSLA means to your operation. Learn how paid employee leave is an area of managing policy and your P/L effectively.
- Understand FSLA and new California laws that impact the parking industry.
- Learn about the trend of paid leave laws sweeping the country and how to minimize your exposure to legal claims.
- Find out how you can comply with the lawn and manage the accrual and payout of leave.
Arent Fox, LLP
Executive Sustainability Series
Wednesday, October 4, 12:00 p.m.–1:00 p.m.
The Executive Sustainability Series features an interview with a parking leader who is dedicated to greener parking practices. In this interview format session, a lively Q&A reveals the everyday and innovative practices that are promoting greener parking, effective resources management and a bottom line focus on doing well by doing good. The case study interview will be conducted by Jeff Pinyot of ECO Parking Lights, the sponsor of this session.
- Learn ways to incorporate green practices into your parking and transportation operations.
- Get tips on promoting green practices and encouraging green practices in operations.
- Find out green ROI supports mixed use trends with live, play, work.
ECO Lighting Solutions